100% Volunteer - Since 1924
Join Our Team Today!
The Millwood Fire Company is always looking for new members who are willing to put forth the effort and take a step forward in our community. No prior experience is required, and full state approved training will be provided. Anybody over the age of sixteen and in good health is more than welcomed to fill out an application and proceed to join the Millwood Fire Company and make a difference in our community.
The Millwood Fire Company offers many opportunities to members of our community. No prior experience is required, and full state-approved training is provided for all new members at the Westchester County Emergency Services Headquarters in Valhalla, NY.
If you wish to download a copy of our application...
Applications can be mailed to:
Millwood Fire Company P.O. Box 94
Millwood, NY 10546
Or can be handed in on Tuesday nights (7:30pm) at Millwood Fire House #1 - 100 Millwood Road
Any Questions please fill free to contact Chief Greg Santone @ 914-438-3257 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Fill out the Millwood Fire Department application and drop it off on any Tuesday night 7:30-9:00pm. Ask for an officer to give the application to.
2) Your application will be read off at the next company meeting (third Tuesday of every month), then be placed on hold for 30 days. During these 30 days you will be contacted by the membership committee to arrange an interview with the company.
3) Attend your scheduled interview with the committee. This is the time to ask any questions you may have about the Millwood Fire Department.
4) The membership committee will present its findings from your interview at the next company meeting, and the company will vote to accept or deny you probationary firefighter status.
5) If accepted into the department, you will need to make an appointment for your department physical.
6) Assuming you pass your physical, you will be given a list of Westchester County Fire Academy classes to attend. There are many different beginner Firefighter classes given throughout the year.
You have taken the first step towards applying for membership to be a Millwood Volunteer Firefighter. This process may take some time, as it is necessary to complete several background checks and a department physical. Good luck and welcome aboard!